Last modified: Wednesday, 31 December 1969 19:00 -0500
- Sales top 10'000! According to our editor, the book has sold over ten thousand copies since November 2003. Thanks, everybody!
- Translations! Apache Cookbook has been, or is being, translated into several different language -- including Polish (I have a copy right here!), German, Spanish, Japanese, and Italian.
- We've been Slashdotted! Follow the link to read the review.
- We've added a page listing all the reviews of which we're aware, to help you find out what other people think of the book. Hopefully there will soon be the ability to add your own to this site, or at least add pointers to other sites. But until that happens, adding a review at Amazon.Com is probably the best path to letting people know what you think about the book.
- The book has been available since November 2003, and sales appear to be good. People who attended ApacheCon 2003 got the inside track, since some copies were shipped there directly from the bindery before they were available online or from brick&mortar outlets.
- There are three 'lists' of errata (misteaks) for the book: the one on this site, the one on the O'Reilly site, and the reports we've received in email. We consider the one here on the Cookbook site to be the most authoritative, and intend to keep it in sync with the others.
- Discussion mailing list
- There's a low-traffic mailing list available for discussing
the book (content, index, suggested recipes, et cetera).
To join, send a message containing the single word
subscribe' to <discuss-request@Apache-Cookbook.Com>.
- Announcement mailing list
- If you don't want to keep up with the discussions, but
would like to be kept apprised of significant events
(such as errata, or new editions in the works :-), you can join
the even-lower-traffic announcement list by sending
a message containing the single word '
subscribe' to <announce-request@Apache-Cookbook.Com>.
These mailing lists will be used for no other purpose; I will never harvest your email address to sell or give to anyone else, nor let anyone else have access to the list.